#101 Is My Favorite
This is a (long) list that I've learned and use to help myself and clients achieve personal happiness. Feel free to apply these as well!
These things are a bit tricky to find science behind, so a lot if this is writing from experience.
There is no particular order to any of these.
1. Remind yourself of what really matters.
- I realized some things don't actually matter:
- Making a mistake
- The items on my wish list
- Things not going the way you planned them out to be
- What really matters to me are:
- The fact that I am living, breathing, existing, experiencing life right now
For example, take a moment now to breathe and be thankful you are alive.
2. Have Discipline
If I chose to do something, commit to it.
3. Have Purpose
Having a sense of purpose gives me a meaning to life and keeps me going and happy.
4. Be Bold in What You Do
When I do something, I do it with the fullest of my actions and the fullest of my heart. I don't half-ass things.
5. Let Go of Negativity
It is easy to get caught up in something that is bad, but energy flows in the way we perceive things. If we get caught up in negative thoughts and people, then your world reflects that. If you chose to focus on the positive and let go of negativity, everything gets better. You really have to practice this and believe it to work.
6. Read and Engage with Positive People
7. Cut Out People Who Do Not Empower You
8. Hold Yourself to a Higher Standard
9. Be Present
10. Stop Sabotaging Yourself
11. Talk and Behave like the Person You Want To Be
12. Work on Progress to Your Goals Every Day
13. Start Your Day with a Question
14. Stop Feeling Limited and Feel Abundant
15. Get Off Social Media
16. Keep A Journal
I keep one for abundance, one for magic moments, one for new thing's I've learned, a food journal, and a daily journal.
17. Express Gratitude
18. Show Kindness
19. Have Passion
20. Fall in Love (with someone or something)
21. Try Something New Every Day
22. Stop Focusing Only on Yourself
I like to focus on and ask myself "how can I help and add value to others' lives?"
- Help Others
23. Stop Worrying About Material Items
24. Stop Caring About What People Think of You
If it is hard to get out of your head, then focus on only things that you can perceive. Stop trying to guess what others are thinking. Look at the world through your own eyes only and not thinking about how others might feel or see.
25. Get Out into the Sun
26. Get Out into Nature
27. Smile More (and Upon Waking Up)
28. Change Your Vocabulary
What if you didn't have the words love or happiness? How could you ever truly feel in love or happy? Well let's do the same thing for negative words. Write down a list of things that disempower you and replace them with empowering words.
30. Study More
31. Seek to Understand
If you seek to understand someone else first, and then be understood, you gain great insight on how others work. This requires empathy.
32. Leave Your Comfort Zone
33. Take Your Time Seriously
When you take your time seriously, others will start to take your time seriously too.
34. Embrace Failure
Failure is just another step towards success.
35. Be Pulled Towards Your Goals, Not Pushed
36. Be Proactive, Not Reactive
37. Motivate Others
38. Celebrate Yourself More
39. Think with Your Heart and Balls (or uterus)
40. Be Humble
41. Remove Excess Information From Your Diet (limit your mental input)
42. Laugh More
44. Do Yoga
45. Leave Your Phone at Home (or just turn it off)
Treat your mobile phone as a landline
46. Bless Your Food
47. Chew Every Bite
48. Believe In Yourself
49. Believe in Something
I like to believe there is something out there helping and challenging me. There is something out there that is only there to empower me and doing life for me.
50. Change "To" to "For"
When something would go wrong, I used to always complain, "why is this happening to me?" This always implied that I was being punished. Changing "to" to "for" has empowered me, and now when something doesn't go my way, I'll ask "why is this happening for me?" This means that there is a reason as to why something has happened.
51. Change Disempowering Meanings
When something doesn't go your way, make sure the meaning of it, doesn't disempower you, and instead empowers you. For example, when I broke up with one of my exes, I made sure not to let it disempower me. I said this is happening because I am now allowed to experience self-growth (as opposed to partner-growth).
52. Apply the 2 minutes rule
If something needs 2 minutes of your time, just do it. Dishes after food, bedding in morning are best examples. I feel less cluttered.
53. Believe Everything Happens for a Reason
54. Apply the 90 Second Rule
When something bad happens, you are only allowed to suffer for 90 seconds.
55. Change Your Expectations to Appreciations
56. Have 1 Day per Month Where You Don't Use Electronics
57. Sleep Under the Stars
58. Surround Yourself with People You Respect and that Challenge You
You become the 5 people you hang out with the most.
59. Create new habits
By doing one small part of a habit each day, you can build stubborn and effective habits in weeks.
For example, you can have amazing energy when you walk in a room.
Step one of the habit would be when you see a door, you put a smile on your face. Step two would be when you touch the doorknob/handle you feel energized. Step three would be upon opening that door and walking in the room you smile at everyone and ask them how they are. Step four would be if they ask how you are, reply with "I am awesome!" and use hand gestures.
If you add on each step every day you can build strong habits.
60. Cut Out Masterbation and Porn
61. Don't Make Promises that you cant keep (that aren't)
62. Strive for Your Best, Not Perfection
63. Show (more) Emotion
64. Stop Drinking
Alcohol is a toxin. It also doesn't allow for self growth.
For example with socializing, if you were learning how to play basketball the first time, would you get tipsy and then try to play? Probably not, since the learning curve would be so difficult. I apply this to socializing too. I used to drink to calm my inhibitions. This didn't allow room for me to grow or to learn from mistakes. Socializing is a skill and just like basketball, you can't get drunk to improve your long-term social skills.
65. Socialize without Inhibition
66. Remove Self Doubt
67. Make Decisions Early in the Day
68. Be Yourself and Be Open (No Filter)
69. Get Real with People
I refrain from small talk. I love passionate conversations.
70. Follow your gut (biome)
71. Replace "Can't" with "Must"
If you can't, then you must.
72. Breathe More
73. Stop Watching the News
74. Check Emails Once a Day
75. Stop Trying to Make Others Happy
76. Read 1 Book a Week
The best way to learn from the smartest people in the world is to read their life stories and books they have written.
77. Stop Treating Weekends like Mini Vacations
78. Have Faith
79. Stop Using a Smartphone
And switch to a phone that only does calls.
80. Say YES! or NO!
Essentially don't get stuck saying one way all the time. If you actually choose then this allows better opportunities happen in your life.
81. Get Coaching
82. Keep Realistic Expectations
83. Be Specific in What You Want
84. Learn You Can't Control Others
85. Stop Seeking Approval
86. Change Your Job to Your Mission
87. Identify Your Gift to the World
Gifts are meant to be given. What is yours?
88. Attend Seminars
89. Say "I Love You"
90. Say "Thank You"
91. Say "Please Forgive Me"
92. Quit Smoking
93. Drink More Water
94. Eat Well
95. Sleep More
96. Meet New People
97. Be More Charismatic
98. Stay Engaged, but Remain Unattached
99. Have an Empowering Morning Routine
I make sure to use affirmations and incantations to achieve this, along with priming, lymphatic breathing, exercise and hydrating.
My favorite affirmation is "everyday, in every way, I grow better and better".
Incantations are different from affirmations, since they use body language to attach the words you are saying to your body.
For example, if you were to say "I am a badass", you would do this while jumping up in the air and slapping your butt.
This is awesome because it creates a connection between both your body and mind, which really enforces that mindset into your body.
102. Have More Breakthrough Moments
103. Accept Your Flaws (and see them as character)
104. Stop Taking Offense
105. Realize Everyone is Different
106. Declutter Your Space
107. Ignore Ignorance
108. Don't Classify as an Introvert or Extrovert
I notice when I'm seeing outside knowledge I become extremely extroverted, but when I'm seeking self growth, I become extremely introverted. I feel there is no reason to have to "classify" as either or.
109. Walk More
110. Bike To Shops
I like to longboard.
111. Reads the first chapter, last chapter and first and last paragraph of each chapter of a book each day.
112. Don't Conform
The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity.
113. Be Mindful
114. Practice Balance
115. Live Every Day as If It's Your Last
116. Don't Hold Grudges
117. Kill Your Ego
What's the BFD?
118. Realize You are on Rock in Space Spinning at 1000's of mph
119. Read Self-Help Books
120. Ask The Right Questions
121. Get Deep But Stay Simple
Small chat can be done when I'm dead. Real conversations are worth it and are less awkward. A good question to ask someone is "what were you like when you were 4?".
122. Stop Grading Others
123. Learn another language
124. Learn a musical instrument
125. Give Out Hugs
Did you know that the more hugs your give, the higher your oxytocin levels get? Oxytocin is the hormone that helps social bonding and feeling of comfort.
126. Give more high fives (or fist bumps)
127. Show affection in relationships and don't hold back
128. Embrace your sexuality
129. Spend more time with family
130. Stand up for yourself
131. Work less and play more
132. Finish unfinished projects
133. Don't follow cultural expectations (be a hipster)
134. Write love notes (to your loved ones, your friends, and most importantly yourself)
135. Get a cute animal (or play with one)
I've had 3 bunnies: Noonin, Twitch, and Marlow, aka "Hey", "Shitter", and "Stop".
136. Laugh at yourself
Don't take yourself so seriously. An easy way to do this is to look at yourself in the mirror and laugh.
Singing is a great way to feel happy, especially belting out to your fullest. You can do this in the shower, but I do this wherever I feel is applicable.
THIS IS NOT THE END OF THIS LIST
That's it, but the list will keep growing as I learn new things and find new ways to get happy.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments and stay beautiful!